Family Worship Center is an independent church with responsibility to our local and surrounding communities as part of the Body of Christ. Our goal is to reach out to people with God's love, bring them to the knowledge of Christ, and to promote spiritual growth for the entire family through teaching, preaching and music with specific ministries designed for children, preteens, teens, men, women, local and foreign missions.
The Bible is the final authority in all matters pertaining to life and godliness. Some of the more prominent truths set forth in the Scriptures we do hereby confess; to wit:
1. We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired of God, inerrant, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
2. We believe in the one God infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.
3. We believe that man was created in the image of God for holiness and righteousness to the praise of His glory; and that the fall of Adam and Eve brought about the total depravity and lost condition of the human race.
4. We believe in the virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, death and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; that He ascended to the right hand of God the Father and is there interceding as our High Priest.
5. We believe that the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race, and that salvation is attained only by repentance and faith in His blood.
6. We believe that justification, regeneration, and adoption are simultaneous experiences of salvation provided by the Lord Jesus Christ, received by faith, and effected by the Word through the agency of the Holy Spirit.
7. We believe that sanctification, as an act of grace subsequent to the new birth, sets the believer free from the law of sin and death through the crucifixion of the flesh for the pursuit of godliness.
8. We believe that baptism of the Holy Ghost empowers the believer for righteous living and service; and that the initial evidence is speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
9. We believe the Church is visible as a company of disciples under the authority of the Scriptures, the Lordship of Christ, and the discipline of the Spirit. It exists to glorify God through the perpetuation of holy worship, the edification of the saints, and the proclamation of the Gospel.
10. We believe that water baptism, the Lord's Supper, washing of the saints' feet, and the Lord's Day are symbols of the new covenant and should be observed by all believers.
11. We believe that divine healing is provided for all in the atonement, and that anointing with oil should be administered to the sick who call for prayer.
12. We believe that spiritual gifts are given by the Holy Ghost to believers as He wills, and that they are for the building up of the Church and for the fulfilling of its divinely ordained functions.
13. We believe that obedience to the commands of Christ is the proper evidence of saving faith, and that godliness is God's standard of living for His people.
14. We believe in the diligent use of the means of grace whereby one's calling and election are made sure.
15. We believe in the sacredness of life, the sanctity of marriage (only between a man and woman), the priority of the family, and the divine order of the home.
16. We believe that Jesus Christ will come again to catch up the living saints with the risen saints to be with Him, so to judge their work and reward their faithfulness; and that after the seven year tribulation on earth, He will return with His saints to reign a thousand years.
17. We believe in a bodily resurrection: a resurrection of life for the righteous and a resurrection of damnation for the wicked.
18. We believe in a final judgement in which the dead will stand before God and be judged according to their works in this life.
19. We believe that in the eternal state the righteous will inherit endless happiness and the wicked will receive endless torment, without liberation and annihilation.